Are you struggling to keep your kids entertained while your family is sheltering at home during the Covid-19 Corona Virus quarantine? Here are some family-friendly boredom busters and fun activities for all ages. A month of 30 creative family activities that you can do without leaving the house that will help make happy memories while you are stuck at home.
How many jigsaw puzzles can one family do during a month of sheltering in place from the Corona Virus??
According to my calculations as of today…at least 8!
Although I am a BIG TIME jigsaw puzzle maniac, I’ve started realizing we need a few more things in our pandemic activity arsenal to fight the lockdown doldrums, and I’m guessing you too are starting to look for some new ideas to keep your sanity!
So, I’ve compiled a list of creative, easy, and super fun ideas just for you and your family!
(Note: The links in this post are AMAZON affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our full disclaimer policy here.)
Let’s dive right in…
30 Creative Family Activities To Do with Kids During the Corona Virus Lockdown
1. Create a Neighborhood Art Museum with Sidewalk Chalk – check out this inspiring idea here!
2. Do a Workout Class Together – My family has found tons of them on Youtube.
4. Paint Kindness Rocks and leave them around your neighborhood.
5. Plan a Themed Dinner Night! You can even dress up for your theme. I absolutely love this idea of pairing dinner with a Disney Movie. Genius!!
6. Zoom/Facetime with Family and Friends – the “House Party” app also has some games you can play while having screen time with your loved ones.
7. Create a Family Bucket List focused on things to do after the pandemic. You can read all the deatils here!
8. Play Yard Games – Our family favorites are Corn Hole, Badminton, Horseshoes, Spike Ball, and Giant Jenga.
9. Host a Family Talent Show – Watch out, I’ve got a killer yodel that would even impress Simon Cowell!
10. Play “Would You Rather” – we frequently play this game during dinner, and I’m always amazed to learn something new about my hubby and kids!
You can grab the free printable game and instructions here on the “Skip to My Lou” blog!
11. Learn Something New – always wanted to learn to sew, or knit, or watercolor? This is the perfect time to try something you’ve never done before!
12. Watch Old Home Movies or Videos Clips from your cell phone – this was a family fave activity!! Lots of laughs and quite a few tears from Mama Bear!
13. Pretend You Are Going to the Theatre and Watch a Play on Youtube – National Theatre shares full plays every Thursday night.
14. Set Up the Tent and Camp – you can try this outside or inside, or heck both!
15. Try a New Recipe…or two or three…Pinterest is my go-to place for inspiration for new meals. I’ve made a “recipes to try” inspiration board so I never run out of ideas!
16. Have a Backyard Campfire with S’mores – Don’t have a fire pit?…make S’mores over your stovetop! BONUS POINTS: Sing a few camp songs!
17. Get Your Silly on and Make a Family Tik Tok Video – we just made our first one, and it was exhilarating and terrifying at the same time!
18. Plant a Garden – We don’t have much open yard space, so we started regrowing veggie scraps in our kitchen window. Check out my sprouting lettuce!
19. Have a Blindfolded Taste Test
20. Learn a New Family Game – our favorites are Bubble Talk,Telestrations and Left, Center, Right.
Got one your family loves??
Leave me a comment and let me know!
21. Play Indoor Hide and Seek – my family especially loves the sardine version, so give that one a try too!
22. Turn an Old Table into a Ping Pong Table – this kit can help you convert any table into a table tennis venue!
23. Binge-Watch an Entire Movie Franchise – grab some popcorn and turn on Star Wars, Happy Potter, Marvel, etc
24. Play Virtual Bingo with Friends or Family – you can grab the printable cards and instructions at BingoMaker.com.
25. Create a Home Spa with face masks, massages, and mani/pedis – um, can we do this EVERY DAY!?!?
26. Make a Family Time Capsule – one day (hopefully soon) this quarantine will all be just a memory, so be sure to document this unprecedented time together.
I am totally digging the free time capsule worksheets at KidsActivities.com
27. Get Your Family Moving with a “Couch to 5K” Program – there is an app and many super helpful online plans to get you started! #nomorecouchpotato
28. Host a Scavenger Hunt Challenge online with friends or family – this idea from Play.Party.Plan. looks like a blast!!
29. Play JackBox Party – JackBox Party is my family’s favorite digital game that we all can play together (and most of the time without an argument!)
30. Organize – When all else fails, you can always clean and declutter your house…here’s my 30-Day Clutter Clean Out Challenge to get you started!
Want a printable version of the 30 creative family activities above??
(Click on the image below to grab the free printable calendar of 30 creative family activities
Your wish is my command!!
I’d love to hear what you are doing to keep everyone happy and sane at your house.
Drop me a line and let me know what new creative things I should try with my fam bam!
Until next time,
Cheers to staying healthy and happy, and cheers to you!