The Best, Most Popular Tween and Teen Christmas Gift to Buy this Holiday Season
(Note: The links in this post are Amazon affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links at no cost to you. Read our full disclaimer policy here.)
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”…when we mamas get a bit stressed out about what to get the kids for Christmas (or Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, or Las Posadas, or Diwali, or heck, even Festivus if Seinfeld is your thang’).
As the Weber Kids have gotten older, it gets harder and harder each year to decide what they really need and want…that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg (no, it’s not in our budget to buy you a new car!).
Long gone are the days of buying junk in the Dollar Spot section at Target, wrapping that shit up, and our kids thinking it was the greatest thing ever!
So what’s a mama to do??
What she always does…
Consult her crystal ball 🔮 ….(just kidding)…
Ask her girlfriends of course!! Who knows better what to get teens/tweens than other moms in the same sitch!
Moms always have the best ideas! 💡
So this year the #1 thing that most of my mama posse said is on their kiddo’s wish list is…..
Are you ready for it??
🎺🎺Cue the fan fair! 🎺 🎺
Let’s be honest…what do kids love the most in this world (besides their doting parents and loving siblings)?
Um... you guessed it, their phones!
So what’s the best gift this Holiday Season?
A cool, kick-ass accessory for their phones that doesn’t require you to take out a second mortgage!
Before you run off to buy these little puppies, let’s chat about some of the Pros and Cons of this year’s hottest gift…
I’m a “give me the bad news first” kinda gal, so let’s start off with the Cons of Apple AirPods.
The CONS of Apple AirPods
1. The basic Apple AirPods are not water-resistant (AirPods Pro are, and I’ll share more about them later) so if you are prone to dropping things in the toilet, falling in pools with earphones on, or sweating like a grandma having a hot flash in Mississippi during the summertime, then you’ll want to be extra careful (or upgrade to the AirPods Pro )!
2. I have seen some concerns that they detach easily from your ears and can fall to the ground (unlike wired headphones that would get caught on your neck/shoulders).
Honestly, I see mixed thoughts about this one…I think it might depend on the shape of your ears.
But a word of caution, I wouldn’t do anything too rambunctious with them on, so take your sky diving session and trapeze lessons off the list of “Things to do with you new AirPods”. (AirPods Pro seem to have better fit options…oh man the suspense is building, keep reading!)
3. For those of you who have a favorite “signature color”, right now Apple only offers white AirPods so no “Blush or Bashful” for you, Shelby (sorry, movie geek alert 🤓- I’m a BIG fan of Steel Magnolias)
4. And the final, but by far BIGGEST CON of Apple AirPods are…now your teen will have a legit reason why they aren’t listening to you!! 🤦🏻♀️
Now let’s get to the GOOD STUFF….
The PROS of Apple AirPods
1. One of the things that people are raving about is the good battery life (5 hours of listening time) and how quickly the battery charges (15-minute charge increases battery endurance to 3 hours).
2. Like many Apple products, the Apple AirPods boast “smart features” so there are no buttons on the earphones. Sensors turn them on when inserted in your ears and then turn off when they are removed and are not being used. Genius!!
3. For people who are a bit technologically challenged, you’ll appreciate that the Apple AirPods pair easily with your phone by simply placing them next to your phone - no need to mess with blue tooth or all those other confusing phone functions!
4. And now #1 PRO for Apple AirPods is….
The Cool Factor! 😎
Check it out…they even make Julius Caesar look young, hip and cool, right??
Now we are moving on to the much anticipated next phase of my gift recommendation…your choices!!
Types of AirPods
For those of you who aren’t so tech-savvy (hello, that’s me 🙋🏻♀️), you may not know there is more than one type of AirPods so I’ve done a little investigating and can give you the scoop on the difference between AirPods and AirPods Pro.
1. The AirPods Pro are waterproof (sweat & water-resistant, and probably beer too) so they are a little more durable than the regular AirPods and you can wear them while bonging your favorite beer! 🍺
2. AirPods Pro have noise cancellation capabilities. (Geez, maybe every MOM needs a pair of these little sanity savers!)
3. The fit of the AirPods Pro is more customizable with 3 sizes soft silicon tips so those of you with oddly shaped ears, no worries, they can still work for you too!
4. The final difference between the two earphones is the price.
So, you are probably wondering if I’m going to be buying a pair of these bad boys for one of my kids this Holiday Season…
well, I guess you are going to have to wait and see 🤫 (and so will my kids, since they might read this post!)
Until next time, cheers to an amazing Holiday Season and cheers to you!🥂
Don't know what gift to buy your hubby, dad, boyfriend, or another random dude in your life? Then you've gotta' read Mr. Organizen's guest post with his Top 3 Wish List Items this Holiday Season!
P.S. Let's be MILF's Together! (Mom I'd Like to Friend)
…come find me online and let’s be virtual friends!