Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and this year, I’ve decided to really up my L-O-V-E game with my family…mostly because even though we’ve turned the calendar on 2020, we are definitely still in COVID restriction mode here in Southern California…
which essentially means my kids are STILL at home 99% of the time since there is no in-person school or activities, and very little sports happening.
Honestly, my kids have been total troopers for the last 332 days they’ve been basically STUCK at home (yes that is the exact # of days….no I didn’t count them…but my phone did! #thanksiphone)
So what's on my love list for the kids you ask??
Just a little V- DAY cuteness overload with these super simple donut holes
Here's the breakdown of how to make them if you are wanting to cook up a batch too:
1. Print the "We Love You a HOLE Bunch" sign on white tagboard, cut it out, and tape it to a stick - I did this part a few days in advance so it would be quicker to assemble on the day that I served the donut holes to the kids.
2. Gather Your Ingredients:
- Box of Donut Holes
- A Tub of Frosting
- Food Dye (Optional: if you want to make pink or red icing)
- Valentines’ Day Sprinkles
- Festive “Punny” Printable Tag (PDF Link Above)
- Cake Pop Stick/Long Toothpick, Scissors, and Tape (if you haven't already made the sign)
3. Spread Icing on Donut Holes - I just used a butter knife to cover about half of the surface area.
4. Add Festive Love Sprinkles - shake, shake shake it on there!
5. Add Sign to Donut Holes and watch your kids' eyes light up! 🤩
Such a simple project but super fun!!
Got any stellar (and easy, this mama likes to keep it simple!) ideas that you are doing for your loved ones for Valentine's Day??
Send them my way...I'd love to add more fun to our celebration!
Until next time, cheers to sharing a "Hole" lotta' love and cheers to YOU!! 🥂