Updated: Jan 29, 2020
The game closet at my house has been fully purged, and the only things that remain are the activities and toys that my kids love! It feels so good to open the door and NOT see a giant mess!!
What do you think? Which toy closet would you rather open the door to? I know which one "Sparks Joy" for me!!
Our game closet did not need many organizing products because most of the items that stayed are self-contained in a box. I did use some Sterilite plastic shoebox-sized containers to organize my craft and art supplies, and you can get the same ones here at Amazon if you need a set too!
When my kids were younger we lived in a house that had a giant playroom, and I was always looking for creative ways to keep all of my kids' toys organized. In case you are looking for items that will help keep your playroom tidy, I've created this Master List of the absolute best organizing products for a playroom. (Note: The links in this post are AMAZON affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our full disclaimer policy here.)
All of these products are designed to make your life easier and more organized, and isn't that what we all want? (Haven't decluttered and organized your playroom/game closet yet? Then you need to do a purge first and you can get a step-by-step guide here)
1. Cotton Rope Storage Bins - https://amzn.to/2TueFE0 - "A tisket, a tasket, you gotta get this basket!!" Every kid space whether it's a bedroom, game room or playroom, needs a place to store bulky items....blankets, stuffed animals, toys, you name it, will look so much more tidy in one of these soft, cotton, woven storage baskets. I love that they have several style options to match your home decor.
2. Toy Hammock - https://amzn.to/2Tk7rCA - Got a kid who just can't part with their stuffed animals?? This mesh hammock gets them off of the floor and on display! I call that a "Win/Win" - Problem Solved!!
3. X-Large Toy Storage Bean Bag Chair - https://amzn.to/2SheyOS - Is the stuffed animal collection more of a hoarder's stash in your house?? This giant bag is a GENIUS SOLUTION!!! When it is filled, it turns into a beanbag chair!!! (Dang, wish I would have invented that) This organizer can fit between 60 - 80 stuffed animals or 52 gal of other "filler" (blankets, pillows, etc.) There are 3 colors/patterns and 2 size options which makes it easy to customize to fit your family's needs!
4. KidCraft Reading Nook Bookshelf- https://amzn.to/2CTJ1c5 - Little book worms, I've got the perfect storage furniture for you! I LOVE this book nook that is also a bookshelf. Wish I would have had this back in the old days when I was teaching Kindergarten. It's so cute, and KidCraft is known for making high-quality kid-friendly furniture!!
5. Toy Storage Organizer - https://amzn.to/2GbxE2s - I think this toy organizer has to be one of the top-selling organization items for families with young children. The plastic, detachable bins make it easy to clean up and stow all your playthings, and it is so easy to keep all of the toys sorted and organized in these sturdy containers! It also comes in several color options!
6. Tot Tutors Kids Book Rack Storage Bookshelf - https://amzn.to/2FV4GEI - Want your kids to read more books? With a display like this, they will surely be lured to grab an armful of reading treats! A date with Dr. Seuss, anyone??
7. Storage Cube Organizer - https://amzn.to/2WxHW2y - If you are looking for a more economical way to stay organized, this is the storage solution for you! What I love the most is that you can alter the shape and design it to fit whatever space you have!
8. Foldable Fabric Storage Bins (Set of 6) - https://amzn.to/2WstPvv - Add these cloth cube storage bins to your organizer to make your toy space look clean and tidy!
9. TV Console with 4 Drawers - https://amzn.to/2ToKP46 - Family of "gamers"? This sleek tv console will hide all of the ugly cords, and the drawers will help keep the games and accessories organized!
So there you have it, folks...My Top 9 Must-Have Organizer Products for the Playroom!
ALMOST makes me want to have little kids again just to organize all their playroom junk (just kidding!!).
I'd love to hear what are your faves?? What organizers are on your must-have list? Let me know in the comments below!!