Updated: Nov 23, 2019
"It's the final countdown"....in less than 8 weeks we will be on our next family cruise, and the Weber Fam is So. Freaking. Excited! It's pretty much the focal point of most of our family chats these days.
I've found that I've been jotting reminders here and there while taking mental notes of what we need to bring, and then I thought, "I should print a Cruise Packing List off the internet or Pinterest".
The trouble is that none of them really had all the things that I thought were essential to our trip (In case you missed my post about what cruise accessories are helpful in making your next cruise the best vacation ever, check it out here....it's got some things I bet you never thought of!) So what's a to-do list loving freak like me to do? Well, create my own printable of course!! 📝
So whether you are a cruising veteran or a newbie, you’ll want to check out this practical and comprehensive list of items you’ll want to be sure you pack for your next cruise vacation! This is truly the ultimate list of must-haves to make sure your cruise is “smooth sailing”! (Click on the Packing List to Download PDF)
A few things you will need to keep in mind depending on your cruise destination and duration!
1. If you are going somewhere cooler like Alaska, you will need to pack clothes and shoes for cool weather, and you may need rain gear! Beach towels, bug spray and warm weather items may not be necessary for you!
2. If you are taking a tropical cruise, check out the weather report ahead of time! You may not need the rainy day items such as the poncho and umbrella! Even when I'm on a Caribbean cruise, I still take a little jacket or sweater because it sometimes gets chilly in the evenings or in various locations on the ship (Theatre, Casino, Dining Halls, etc) 🌬️
3. As far as formal attire goes, if you are going on a quick 3-4 day cruise, you may not have a "formal" night at dinner so leave the fancy clothes at home. Almost all week (or longer) cruises have a dressier evening, so be sure to check your specific cruise itinerary to see if heels and sequins are necessary!
4. Also keep in mind what amenities are on your ship. If you've got an ice skating rink, you may need warmer clothes for the chilly temps in the ice area or if your cruise has a basketball court, be sure to toss in those tennis shoes! 👟
5. Lastly, I HIGHLY recommend packing a "Boarding Bag" that you'll use on Embarkation Day (the day you get on board for any novices out there!) . You can read about my specific recommendations about what to leave out of your checked bag that you should carry on in this blog post here!
Did I cover all of the essentials on my printable packing list above??
Let me know which ones are the most helpful or which items I overlooked!
Bon Voyage, my cruise mateys! 🛳️
Other Cruise Posts:
P.S. Let's be MILF's Together! (Mom I'd Like to Friend)
…come find me online and let’s be virtual friends!