"It's So Easy Being Green" - The Best Eco-Friendly, Reusable Home Products
Updated: Nov 24, 2019
Here in the Weber Abode, we are working on becoming as "green" as we can be. It's honestly a work in progress toward switching from one time usage products to more sustainable reusable household items.
Instead of feeling like you need to make massive changes overnight, my recommendation is to take your time and swap out one item at a time, so it will feel less overwhelming. Lucky for us, there are a lot of great options on Amazon, so you don't have to search all over to find earth-friendly swaps.
(Note: The links in this post are Amazon affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our full disclaimer policy here.)
Here are My Favorite Reusable Products for the Home
1. I was given a set of Glass Storage Containers with Lids, and I LOVE them!!! They are a much better alternative to plastic containers or plastic baggies because they are BPA-Free & FDA Approved & Leak Proof. 🙌🏽 Bonus!! They are also oven, microwave , freezer and dishwasher safe. So. Darn. Versatile.
2. I also got a set of Reusable Silicone Storage Bags as a gift, and they are a game changer! I hate using plastic baggies, so these little beauties are a great alternative because they are food grade safe and super durable. They also have an airtight seal so you can even put liquids in them! There are other silicone storage bags on the market, but I recommend these because they are clear so you can see the contents and each bag has a different color slider bar to help keep things organized. You can also store them in your cabinets, refrigerator, or freezer, so they are perfect for "to go" lunches or leftovers.
3. These stainless steel metal reusable drinking straws are actually on my next Amazon order! This set comes with 4 straight and 4 bent straws plus 2 brushes, and their length is ideal for 20oz tumblers, Yetis, or a regular drinking glass, making them perfect for coffee, lemonade, juice, or a cocktail (cheers to that! 🍹) . Every day these straws will help lighten your carbon footprint, and they are made of food-grade 18/8 stainless steel with no metal aftertaste. Plus, they are plastic free, dishwasher safe, reusable and environmentally friendly. Seriously, pretty darn cool, right??
4. I've been wanting Bee's Eco Friendly Reusable Food Wraps for a LONG TIME now! ( Hey, Weber Kids, Mother's Day is coming up...hint! hint! 😉) , I am eyeing this set because they come in three sizes, 1 Small, 1 Medium, 1 Large. In case you aren't familiar with this product, it's a sustainable, natural alternative to plastic wrap.
These reusable beeswax wraps last about one year when used several times each week, while traditional plastic products are used for a matter of minutes and can linger in our environment for 2,000 years or more and won't biodegrade. 😳 They are also washable, compostable, and reusable! There are quiet a few other products like this one, but I love that these are made of organic cotton, sustainably harvested beeswax, organic jojoba oil, and tree resin. The Bee's Wrap company is Green-America Certified, and committed to using their business as a vehicle for social change. ♻️ WOW! Can I get a round of applause for that ? 👏🏽 👏🏽👏🏽
5. I have one of these Cotton Net Shopping Tote Reusable String Bag Organizers - good guess, yes, it was another gift 🎁...My family and friends know me so well! This bad boy can replace those plastic bags you get at the grocery for fruits and veggies . They are strong, durable, and can be machine washed!!
6. I hate to even admit this...but we still use disposable napkins! AAH! Yes, I know it's time to trade them out, but I'm taking my own advice about swapping one thing out at a time! When I do buy reusable napkins (very soon, I promise!), these Utopia Kitchen Cloth Napkins are the ones on my list!!
7. Anyone else have kids or a hubby that need portable lunches? This LunchBots Trio Stainless Steel Food Container is the bomb, biggie! It's perfect for lunches, healthy snacks, sides, or finger foods on the go! With one big compartment that’s perfect for a sandwich and two smaller sections designed for sides, your entire lunch fits in one container. Plus, it's eco-friendly, dishwasher safe and BPA-free!
8. Ditch the baggies and plastic produce bags! These Purifyou Premium Reusable Mesh/Produce Bags come in a set of 9 in varying sizes! They are BPA, Lead, and Mercury Free, and made in a facility free from harmful manufacturing chemicals with the highest standards of quality. So they are safe and eco-friendly! They also have a LIFETIME warranty, so you can depend on their quality and durability! It's amazing how versatile these bags are because they are not just for produce, you just might find all sorts of household items to use them for like laundry delicates, small sports equipment, beach trips, gym clothes, school lunches, toys, office supplies, camping, road trips, and virtually any form of household organizing you can imagine. The thing I love the most is that with every purchase, a portion of the profit is donated to help promote sustainable living around the world. You best add these to your next Amazon purchase!
9. Looking for a replacement for paper towels? Then this 24 pack of Cloth Kitchen Towels may be exactly what you need!! These soft featherweight towels are made from super-absorbent ring spun cotton that is so soft to touch yet extremely durable and fast drying. These towels are lint-free and lighter ribbed construction which results in less time needed in the dryer therefore saving time and energy costs. With these reusable paper towel replacements, you are helping the Earth in a few ways!
Good news...once you make the initial investment, you won't need to keep buying plastic and paper products! You will save money and the environment by ditching single use products. Your pocketbook and the Earth will thank you!! 🌎❤️