Are you ready to let go of your “little collection” of hotel toiletries? Then check out my suggestions of what you can do with your overabundance of sample size goodies below!
Step #1 – Acknowledgement
The first step in addressing any addiction is acknowledging you have a problem.
You may have realized that you are indeed a “Hotel Toiletries Hoarder” and if you are not sure whether you are, then check out this easy, FUN assessment here.
Step #2 – Seek Alternatives
The second step toward remedying any “challenge” (this is my polite way to describe hoarding) is coming up with alternatives.
So, you may have come to the conclusion that your stash of hotel freebies is overflowing and is just “too much”.
The next call to action is to figure out what you are going to do with ALL of those sample size shampoos, conditioner, and lotions.
Instead of stock piling them underneath your cabinet or taking 7 baths a day for the next seven weeks, here are a few ideas to help you stop your hoarding ways!!
1. Create an eye-appealing jar of toiletries to use as decor in your bathroom like this little cutie display from the Liz Marie Blog.
If you see them out , you may even actually use them!
2. Make a cute guest basket (photo from La Chica de la Casa Caramelo) for when you have company stay the night.
3. Put together Homeless Care Kits and give them out to those in need.
My daughter’s Girl Scout troop made kits with washcloths, toiletries, snacks and inspiring notes in large baggies to hand out locally, and it was such a meaningful hands-on, community service project for them.
4. Use them in your gym bag. Sample sized soaps and lotions are perfect for your after workout shower!
5. Donate what you aren’t using to local causes like homeless and domestic violence shelters. Food pantries and other community non-profit like the Ronald McDonald House are worthy donation recipients too.
6. Another donation option is sending your unused toiletries to Operation: Care and Comfort which helps our military troops who are deployed overseas.
7. Need a little extra cash?
You can even sell your luxury toiletries online on eBay or Craigslist.
8. USE THEM!!!
Take them on your next family trip…put them in your bathroom shower…stop hoarding them and put them to use!
There ya’ go, problem solved.
Bring on the next hotel trip!!!